Haryana cuts 161,171 power connectionsDecember 6th, 2008 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 6 (IANS) Haryana’s power distribution agency has disconnected suppplies to 161,171 consumers who have not paid their bills, officials said here Saturday.Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN) officials said that defaulting subscribers owed it over Rs.1.12 billion. Of this, Rs.595 million had been recovered.
A UHBVN spokesman said that over 423,000 electricity consumers will face disconnection for non-payment of bills.
He added that 5,882 cases of power pilferage were also detected this year and penalty of Rs.92 mn was imposed.
The Haryana government had waived 10-year-old arrears worth Rs.17 billion in 2005 for defaulters of power supply bills. The government waived the arrears provided the consumers paid bills regularly for the next 20 billing cycles.
- Power bill waiver: Rs.3,900 crore arrears for Haryana - Feb 29, 2012
- Over 3.56 lakh lose power connections in Haryana - Apr 24, 2012
- Haryana villagers made to pay for power - Aug 18, 2011
- Rs.411 mn recovered from Haryana power consumers - Aug 27, 2010
- Haryana to regularise illegal 'Kundi' power connections - Nov 18, 2010
- Over 400,000 to lose power connections in Haryana - May 05, 2010
- 'Cut power supply of defaulting Haryana offices' - Mar 24, 2010
- Power defaulters pay Rs.14.7 crore - Dec 19, 2009
- 150,000 power connections cut off in Haryana - Dec 25, 2009
- Haryana to launch drive to recover power dues - Dec 03, 2010
- Power supply to railway station disconnected - Oct 22, 2011
- Remote metres to keep tab on big Haryana industries - Aug 13, 2010
- Haryana power agency collects record revenue - Sep 02, 2010
- Haryana farmers get 8-hour power supply for rice sowing - Jun 16, 2010
- Haryana power utility recovers Rs.59 crore from defaulters - Mar 14, 2010