Haryana cop arrested in gangrape caseJune 21st, 2011 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
Jhajjar (Haryana), June 21 (IANS) A Haryana Police head constable has been arrested for his involvement in the gangrape of a teenaged girl here last week, police said Tuesday.
Mahender Singh, who was posted in Rohtak town, was arrested Monday night.
Five people, including a constable, were arrested in the case June 17.
Jhajjar district police chief Patram Singh said: “We have arrested head constable Mahender Singh. He has been suspended with immediate effect and will be produced in court today.”
Police said that Trimal Singh, father of the 13-year-old girl, had complained June 15 that his daughter was abducted in a car and gangraped.
However, during police investigation, it was found that the girl was not abducted but had herself gone with her friend Vipul. She was later raped by Vipul and his friends.
- Haryana cop, four youths arrested in gang rape case - Jun 18, 2011
- Minor basketball player saved from marriage - Jul 06, 2011
- Three held in Gurgaon for college girl's gangrape - Jun 08, 2012
- Haryana woman, daughter commit suicide - Aug 17, 2012
- Shelter home exploitation: cop held for destroying evidence - Jul 06, 2012
- Scandals to protests, Hooda gets busy this summer (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 06, 2012
- Haryana man strangles daughters after tiff with wife - Apr 17, 2012
- Haryana university student alleges gang-rape - May 18, 2012
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Murdered Uttar Pradesh girl's mother demands CBI probe - Jun 15, 2011
- Women not safe in Bihar, says NCW team - Aug 17, 2012
- Haryana bus strike hits thousands (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Man kills wife, sister-in-law in Haryana - Jun 02, 2012
- Delhi BPO rape case: Fourth accused arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- Girl gangraped in Patna boys' hostel - Sep 12, 2012