Harish Rawat in Uttarakhand Congress election panelSeptember 19th, 2011 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 19 (IANS) Union Minister Harish Rawat and party MPs Vijay Bahuguna and Satpal Maharaj figure in the pradesh election committee constituted by the Congress Monday for the Uttarakhand state assembly elections likely next year.
The ten-member committee, headed by state Congress chief Yashpal Arya, has been approved by Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Other members of the committee include Harak Singh Rawat, Indira Hridayesh, Pritam Singh, Ram Singh Saini, Tilak Raj Behad and Justice Irshad Hussain.
Harish Rawat is Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Agriculture and Food Processing Industry.
The committee will screen candidates for the polls before sending them to the central leadership for final approval.
- Bahuguna sworn in amid revolt by Harish Rawat (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Bahuguna distributes portfolios, retains 24 departments - Apr 02, 2012
- BSP joins Uttarakhand government - Mar 20, 2012
- Rebellion peters out in Uttarakhand Congress - Mar 20, 2012
- Rawat, Satpal to monitor UPA schemes in Uttarakhand - Sep 13, 2011
- Bahuguna proves majority amidst walkout - Mar 29, 2012
- Peaceful polling in Uttarakhand (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Bahuguna downplays Rawat's dissent (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Polling peaceful but slow in Uttarakhand (Second Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Uttarakhand CM tries to make peace with rival - Jun 12, 2012
- Congress Party appoints new State Chiefs - Oct 26, 2010
- Not poaching among BJP for Bahuguna's seat: Rawat - Apr 27, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna named Uttarakhand chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Congress core committee meets to discuss Mamata's demands, Uttarakhand crisis - Mar 17, 2012
- Upset over not being made CM, Rawat writes to Sonia - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: arya, assembly elections, central leadership, congress chief, congress president sonia gandhi, election committee, harak, hridayesh, irshad, member committee, parliamentary affairs, pritam singh, ram singh, rawat, saini, satpal maharaj, state congress, tilak raj, union minister, yashpal