Hard work finally paid off: India’s Miss Asia Pacific finalistOctober 17th, 2011 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IANS) India’s Tanvi Singla, one of the top five finalists at the Miss Asia Pacific World pageant held in Busan, may not have won the title but feels her hard work has finally paid off.
“It was a euphoric moment to feel that all my hard work has finally paid off,” Tanvi said in a statement, adding: “I felt ecstatic to win for 1.2 billion people of my country. I thank each and everybody for being a part of my journey!”
Singla lost out to South Korea’s Park Sae Byul who won the title.
Actress Sushmita Sen, who has acquired rights to choose India’s official entry for the Miss Universe and Miss Asia Pacific World pageants through her I AM SHE pageant, is also overjoyed with 19-year-old’s achievement Saturday and says that God has finally showered his blessings on the Indian contestant.
“Our efforts and prayers have paid off! God has truly showered His blessings on us! It brings us great joy to share with you all that Tanvi Singla has made us very proud by winning the title of 4th runner-up!
“This is just a beginning of the new chapter we call ‘Success’! For there’s much more to come in the years ahead…We are very proud of Tanvi and our grooming team, who worked relentlessly to make this dream come true,” Sushmita said in a statement.
- India makes it to top five at Miss Asia Pacific World - Oct 16, 2011
- Sushmita congratulates Parul for bringing honour to India (With Images) - Dec 28, 2011
- Indore girl wins Miss Asia Pacific 2012 (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- Sushmita hails Himangini's win as best gift - Jun 22, 2012
- Vasuki Sunkavalli is Miss Universe India 2011 - Jul 16, 2011
- Preity thanks SRK, Manisha Koirala 'Dil se' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- Madhuri, Sushmita honoured for excellence - Jun 26, 2012
- Nawazuddin gets late recognition, says it's never too late - Jun 03, 2012
- Being beauty queen is about having character: Sushmita Sen - Jul 02, 2011
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- Aishwarya will be a beautiful mum: Sushmita - Jun 30, 2011
- Fiji gets new Indian beauty queen - Sep 12, 2012
- Kanishtha Dhankhar crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2011 - Apr 15, 2011