Harbhajan concerned with his woeful formApril 28th, 2012 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Apr 28 (IANS) Mumbai Indians skipper Harbhajan Singh, who has been out of the national team since September last year, was concerned with his woeful form that has also dogged him in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
The off-spinner was dropped from the national team after a poor Test series in England, where he picked up just two wickets in as many matches at an average of 143.50 before an abdominal strain ruled him out of the ODI series. Since then he has been out of the national team.
Harbhajan’s poor form with the ball continued in the IPL as well and Friday night he went wicketless for 42 runs from his four overs in Mumbai Indians’ 37-run thrashing by Delhi Daredevils here.
“I have got to lift my performance for myself and the team. I haven’t been bowling well, the last 2-3 matches have gone for runs,” Harbhajan said after the match.
Harbhajan, however, hoped to come out of his form slump soon.
“Everybody goes through it, but that’s not an excuse. I take the blame. I should have bowled much better. I will work hard and will try and do well again for the team again, like I did in the past. I still have a few more years of cricket left in me. Like the good days do not last forever, I hope the bad days will also not last for long… hope good days will come soon,” he said.
“In Twenty20 and IPL, bowlers will go for runs, but my job is to take wickets,” he said.
Meanwhile, Harbhajan also lauded the government’s decision to nominate batting great Sachin Tendulkar to the Rajya Sabha.
“Proud that Sachin is getting the honour. He deserves much more than that. May God bless him always,” Harbhajan said.
- Batsmen motivated to do well against Daredevils: Pollock - Apr 26, 2012
- Bhajji unfazed by captaincy - Sep 23, 2011
- Narine delighted with form in wake of England slump - Jul 03, 2012
- We have to take one game at a time: Harbhajan - Jun 05, 2011
- India can draw inspiration from Nottingham win four years ago (Preview) - Jul 28, 2011
- Harbhajan will benefit from tough competition: Kapil - Nov 10, 2011
- Mumbai Indians edge out Pune Warriors by one run (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Daredevils come out in support of Sehwag - Feb 27, 2012
- I must improve my batting, says Sehwag - Feb 21, 2012
- Bollinger hopes IPL stint earns him Australia recall - Apr 10, 2012
- Knight Riders beat Daredevils, qualify for main IPL final(lead) - May 23, 2012
- Dravid back in ODI squad after two years (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Bowling wicket-to-wicket was the key: Sammy - Nov 07, 2011
- Knight Riders' 'mystery spinner' Narine finally unlocked - May 28, 2012
- Ishant hopes for a good show against New Zealand - Aug 20, 2012
Tags: 3 matches, abdominal strain, bowlers, few more years, harbhajan singh, honour, indians, long hope, mumbai, New Delhi, odi series, premier league, rajya sabha, sachin tendulkar, skipper, slump, spinner, test series, twenty20, wickets