Harbhajan becomes third Indian to bag 300 wicketsNovember 7th, 2008 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, Nov 7 (IANS) Harbhajan Singh, with Ricky Ponting’s wicket, became the third Indian bowler and the 22nd in the cricketing world to bag 300 Test wickets, on the second day of the fourth Test against Australia here Friday.The other two in the 300 club are Anil Kumble (619) and Kapil Dev (434).
Harbhajan became the third off-spinner to claim 300 wickets. West Indian Lance Gibbs (309) was the first to achieve the feat followed by Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan (756).
Harbhajan is the third bowler to take 200 wickets in India, joining Anil Kumble (350 in 63) and Kapil Dev (219 in 65).
Other Statistical highlights of the day.
# Jason Krejza (8 for 215) became the fourth to capture eight wickets in debut innings. The other three bowlers are: Alf Valentine (West Indies), Bob Massie (Australia) and Narendra Hirwani (India). Australia’s Albert Trott and South Africa’s Lance Klusener had claimed eight wickets in the second innings of their debut Tests.
# Only two bowlers have bagged eight wickets in both the innings of their debut Tests - Massie and Hirwani.
# Krejza is the first bowler to bag eight wickets in an innings for Australia against India, bettering Mike Whitney’s 7 for 27 at Perth in 1991-92.
# Krejza became the third bowler to capture eight wickets in an innings against India in India - the first two being Lance Klusener (South Africa) - 8 for 64 in the 1996-97 Kolkata Test and Sikander Bakht (Pakistan) - 8 for 69 in the 1979-80 Delhi Test.
# Simon Katich’s 11th fifty is his seventh against India.
# Ganguly (85 off 153 balls) recorded his 35th Test fifty - his seventh against Australia.
# For the first time in a Test series, Dhoni has recorded 250-plus — 252 at an average of 63.00.
# Dhoni’s third Test fifty (56 off 97 balls) against Australia is his 12th in Tests.
- Proteas' run chase against India their highest in World Cup - Mar 13, 2011
- Dale Steyn takes career-best figures (Statistical highlights) - Feb 08, 2010
- Zaheer snaps 250 wickets, Pathan hits maiden 50 against Proteas (Match highlights) - Jan 19, 2011
- Harbhajan Singh signs for Essex - Jul 03, 2012
- Seven Indian cricketers in fray for ODI dream team - Dec 22, 2010
- Sharma gives India a slender lead against the West Indies (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- India post highest ever Test total at Brabourne (Statistical Highlights) - Dec 04, 2009
- Krejza facing David and Goliath showdown on Indian subcontinent - Feb 09, 2011
- 100th Test victory for India (Statistical highlights) - Nov 27, 2009
- Afridi is seventh to pick three consecutive four-wicket hauls (Statistical Highlights) - Mar 04, 2011
- Harbhajan strikes maiden century as first Test ends in draw (Ahmedabad Test highlights) - Nov 08, 2010
- Yuvraj first to get three Man of Match awards in 2011 World Cup (Statistics) - Mar 21, 2011
- Black Caps set bench mark for batting powerplay - Mar 14, 2011
- Virender Sehwag gets his 23rd Test century - Oct 03, 2010
- Tahir claims four wickets on World Cup debut (Statistics) - Feb 25, 2011