Harassed for dowry, woman kills self, son in RajasthanJune 3rd, 2012 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, June 3 (IANS) A woman threw herself and her five-year-old son before a moving train in Rajasthan’s Sikar district Sunday, police said.
The incident occurred at around 8 a.m. on the railway tracks near Palsana railway station in the district, some 150 km from Jaipur.
The bodies of the woman and her son were found in a mutilated condition on the railway tracks in the morning. Police officials said that the woman was allegedly depressed over repeated dowry demands from her in-laws. They added that a case had been registered against the woman’s in-laws, including her husband for dowry harassment.
“The bodies of 25-year-old Santoshi Devi, a resident of Kochhor village, and her son, Ritesh, were found in a mutilated condition on the railway tracks. The railway officials informed the police, following which a team was rushed there. Preliminary investigations have revealed that the woman committed suicide,” said the officer.
Police said that the woman had left her in-laws’ house Saturday evening. “The in-laws claim that they searched for her throughout the night, but could not find her,” said the officer.
The woman’s father Seduram has registered a First Information Report (FIR) with Ranoli police station, alleging that the in-laws were demanding Rs.50,000 and a bike as dowry for a long time.
“The father says that Santoshi was being harassed for dowry since her marriage in June 2005,” said the officer.
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Woman jumps before train with two children, run over - Jun 25, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Woman jumps from Metro station, dies (Second Lead) - May 03, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
- Caste council in Rajasthan orders family's boycott, police file case - Aug 04, 2012
- Flames, hot tongs kill woman visiting quack - Apr 13, 2011
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
- Woman burnt to death in Greater Noida - Aug 09, 2010
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Dowry death: Four booked in Punjab - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: committed suicide, dowry, fir, harassment, information report, investigations, jaipur, june 3, long time, morning police, moving train, police officials, police station, railway officials, railway station, rajasthan, ritesh, santoshi, saturday evening, sikar