Happy to contribute for the team, says VijayMay 26th, 2012 - 12:51 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 26 (IANS) Quite typically, Murali Vijay sought to stay rooted to the ground despite his magnificent knock of 113, that played a key role in Chennai Super Kings’ 86-run win against Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL) game here Friday. That knock facilitated Super Kings’ entry into the final against the Kolkata Knight Riders.
While Vijay deftly ducked a question whether Morne Morkel’s absence was to Super Kings’ advantage, he declined to compare Friday’s century with any of his previous innings, and said he was happy to have contributed to his team’s victory.
“Obviously, I can’t comment on that (Morkel’s omission). That’s their decision. Of course, he is a fantastic bowler,” Vijay said.
“I just went in and started striking the ball. I always go there with wanting to win the match and not just play for CSK. It’s a great feeling to contribute for the team.”
“I don’t want to compare this knock with any other, but certainly I had to work hard for it. It was hot and humid and I had to take a lot of singles and doubles. I enjoyed the innings and I couldn’t have asked for more,” said Vijay.
On Sunday’s final against the Kolkata outfit, Vijay preferred to take a simplistic perspective and said the Super Kings were all set for the big game.
“Every team can beat the other on a given day. So, we need to be wary and cannot take things lightly. The only thing I can tell you is that we are geared up for the match,” Vijay added.
- RCB hope to make up for twin losses - Apr 14, 2012
- Kings XI wary of Gayle 'storm' in revenge game - May 02, 2012
- Delhi Daredevils coach defends Morkel's omission - May 26, 2012
- Poor execution of plans led to defeat against CSK: Sangakkara - May 02, 2011
- 'Last-gasp IPL thrillers stressful for players, spectators' - May 18, 2012
- RCB hopes to maintain winning spree - Apr 25, 2012
- Gayle takes Royal Challengers to top of IPL table (Second Lead) - May 22, 2011
- Sensational Vathaty leads Kings XI to victory over Super Kings (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Simmons wary of CSK ahead of match - May 12, 2012
- I adapted well, says Hussey - Apr 16, 2011
- Super Kings start favourites against Daredevils (Preview) - May 24, 2012
- Bi-partisan fans root for cricket in Eliminator (IPL Diary) - May 24, 2012
- KKR wins IPL title, B-town cheers SRK - May 28, 2012
- Super Kings defeat Cape Cobras for first win - Sep 29, 2011
- Gayle powers RCB to victory against CSK (Lead) - May 22, 2011