Happy Independence day, says B-townAugust 15th, 2012 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 15 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan rememberes soldiers who sacrificed their lives, while superstar Shah Rukh Khan urges people to be fearless and fight for their rights on the 66th Independence Day Wednesday.
Tinsel town heroes also wished their fans a “peaceful” and “prosperous” day through tweets.
Here is what they have to say:
Amitabh Bachchan: Happy Independence Day… 15th of August…the day India got its independence from British Colonial Raj, in the year 1947, after over 200 years of foreign rule. The sacrifice and the blood sweat and tears shed by hundreds of unknowns so we could breathe freely, gave us this Day and we share its joy with all.
Shah Rukh: The free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought. Be free today and always. Happy Independence day.
Tisca Chopra: A few things I’d like Independence from: Censorship in Films, Queues, Red Tape, Traffic and politicians who can’t walk the talk.
Lara Dutta: Happy Independence Day folks! I pray for independence in thought! So that we are informed, mature citizens, not influenced by herd mentality.
Anupam Kher: My parents gave me birth. My country gives me my identity. Proud to be an Indian. Happy Independence day my fellow Indians. Jai Ho.
Boman Irani: Happy Independence day.
Mini Mathur: Jai Hind everyone. Peace, love, civility, abundance and prosperity for my country.
Sophie Choudry: I love my India but we are far from achieving this; “Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high.” It’s upto us. Do your bit. Jai Hind.
Raveena Tandon: With its mixed peoples who make it one….Give love and peace a chance and vow to spread joy and Help..That is the true meaning of your independence! Jai Hind.
Jimmy sheirgill: Wishing you all a very happy independence day..Jai Hind.
Tusshar Kapoor: Happy Independence day folks! In lots of aspects we still need to gain independence but so far so good!
Arbaaz Khan: Happy Independence day! Mera Bharat mahaan.
Kunal Kohli: On a more positive note. Independence, we truly have, to express ourselves. Expression of thought is the strongest thing to have.
Neha Dhupia: Go out there and find your freedom…Happy independence day!
Shreyas Talpade: Happy Independence Day. Proud to be an Indian. Hope this year the country has the same thing to say about me. Vande Mataram.
Madhur Bhandarkar: Happy Independence day, Salute to our Motherland, Jai Hind Vande Mataram !
- Proud to be Indian, tweets Bollywood - Jan 26, 2012
- B-town tweets Happy Gudi Padwa, navratras - Mar 23, 2012
- Bollywood: India makes us proud - Aug 15, 2011
- Explore patriotism this Republic Day, say Bollywood stars - Jan 26, 2011
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- Happy Diwali, tweets Bollywood - Oct 26, 2011
- Bollywood hails Anna Hazare's victory; terms it a new dawn - Aug 28, 2011
- Spread love, today and always, tweets B-Town - Feb 14, 2012
- B-Town wishes Eid Mubarak - Aug 19, 2012
- Ganpati Bappa Morya: B-Town wishes Happy Ganesh Chaturthi - Sep 01, 2011
- Big B seeks late parents' blessings for 'ninth' Bachchan - Nov 17, 2011
- Mika recreates 'Vande Mataram' his way! (With Images) - Aug 07, 2012
- Jai Ho! Bollywood tweets on India's World Cup victory - Apr 03, 2011
- For Bachchan, with love, from Bollywood - Oct 11, 2011
- Ramdev launches attack against prime minister - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: 15th of august, amitabh bachchan, anupam kher, arbaaz khan, blood sweat and tears, boman irani, civility, fellow indians, herd mentality, jai, lara dutta, mature citizens, mini mathur, raveena tandon, shah rukh khan, sweat and tears, tinsel town, tisca chopra, tusshar kapoor, tweets