Hang Kasab without trial, says Muslim forumDecember 17th, 2008 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Dec 17 (IANS) The All India Milli Council Wednesday supported a demand of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray to hang without trial Ajmal Kasab, the sole terrorist arrested in the Mumbai terror attacks, said a spokesman here.The AIMC, which is a representative platform of Muslims living in India, claimed that Thackeray was spot-on in his editorial in Wednesday’s edition of the Saamna, a mouthpiece of the Shiv Sena, which seeks a hanging for Kasab without trial.
Iqbal Mohideen, president of the All India Mili Council (Goa), told reporters that Ajmal Kasab’s chilling crime should be judged through the Shariah (Islamic law).
“The AIMC supports Bal Thackeray’s demand. Even the Shariah says an eye for an eye, a limb for a limb and life for life,” Mohideen said.
Condemning the Goa police for storming a madrassa in Vasco Tuesday and the handling of the 60-odd minor female students studying there, Mohideen accused the police of terrorising the minority community.
“Show me one instance where Muslim women have participated in a terror act? And here the police were accusing the management of the all-girl madrassa of breeding terrorists,” he charged.
“We are Indians first and Muslims next. Why are we forced to make a public display of our patriotism time and again?” he asked.
“The AIMC has already made it public that none of these terrorists should be buried in our burial grounds, because they have slaughtered innocents,” Mohideen said.
The AIMC and the Association of All Goa Muslim Jamaats at a joint press conference, while demanding the immediate suspension of the Deputy Superintendent of Police Deu Benaulikar and Inspector Harish Madkaikar, sought a judicial enquiry into the raid on the all-female madrasssa.
- Bal Thackeray targets Congress, Gandhi family - Sep 07, 2012
- Bal Thackeray backs Trivedi, but raps him too - Sep 12, 2012
- Shiv Sena demands public hanging for Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Raj Thackeray comes out in support of cartoonist Trivedi - Sep 11, 2012
- Hand me Army, I'll straighten out nation: Bal Thackeray - Sep 08, 2012
- Shiv Sena indestructible, says Bal Thackeray - Feb 14, 2012
- Kasab will hang, Supreme Court says (Roundup) - Aug 29, 2012
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- Bal Thackeray, Uddhav thunder at Dussehra rally - Oct 18, 2010
- Hang Kasab, demands Maharashtra opposition - Jul 26, 2011
- Uddhav says Digvijay is mad, never mind what granddad wrote - Sep 06, 2012
- 21 Shiv Sainiks held for protests against 'MNIK' in Goa - Feb 12, 2010
- Bal Thackeray roars at massive election rally - Feb 12, 2012
- Court order promotes 'balika vadhus' among Muslims: Thackeray - Jun 08, 2012
- Pranab meets Bal Thackeray, thanks him for support - Jul 14, 2012