Handicapped man gets life term for killing sister’s friendFebruary 17th, 2012 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) A handicapped man and his sister have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Delhi court for stabbing a girl 30 times with a knife.
District Judge H.S. Sharma Thursday awarded life term imprisonment to Rajesh and his sister Monica for killing the latter’s friend Renu on Sep 5, 2006.
“The chain is complete. It leads to irresistible conclusion that in all probability the accused had committed the murder,” said judge Sharma.
Sharma observed that prosecution has proven the facts by producing reliable witnesses, the neighbours.
According to the prosecution, Rajesh along with his sister killed Renu in their house. Renu was brought by Monica to their house, which is only 100 metres away, on the day of incident. Rajesh had developed romantic feelings for Renu, but she showed only sympathy for him and did not reciprocate his feelings. This angered him and led to the murder.
The witnesses of the case told court that they saw Rajesh holding a knife and also heard him utter that he had killed Renu.
Defending Rajesh, his counsel told the court that the accused is a handicapped person and incapable of getting even water for himself. However, the court held Rajesh equally guilty.
- Three accused of murder attempt acquitted - Mar 18, 2012
- Probe lapses not fatal to case if guilt proved: SC - Aug 02, 2012
- Man gets life term for brother-in-law's murder - Apr 24, 2011
- Pushkin Chandra killing: Life term for two upheld - Oct 31, 2011
- Shivani murder: R.K. Sharma's acquittal challenged in apex court (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Verdict on third accused Wednesday - Jul 05, 2011
- Court upholds man's life term for killing wife - Mar 21, 2010
- Man sentenced to life for killing sister-in-law - Jul 18, 2012
- Accused should not gain from police lapses: SC - Aug 18, 2012
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Court awards 10-year jail to man for killing wife - Aug 08, 2012
- Verdict on appeal of Shivani murder case convicts Wednesday - Oct 11, 2011
- Spurned lover kills four, self - Sep 03, 2012