Handicapped man charred to death in house fire

October 16th, 2008 - 1:13 am ICT by IANS  

New Delhi, Oct 15 (IANS) A 45-year-old physically challenged man was charred to death after his house in south Delhi caught fire due to a cooking gas leak, officials said Wednesday.Anil Kapoor, who could not move his hands or legs, could not escape the fire that broke out in his house in Khirki Extension near Malviya Nagar at around 8.15 a.m. He lived alone in the first-floor house as his wife had deserted him two years ago due to his drinking habits.

His four sisters, who stay nearby, used to take care of him.

Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was doused in an hour. Fire brigade personnel and police officials found Kapoor dead inside the house.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |