‘Hamza’s confession proves state players’ hand in 26/11′ ( Lead)June 27th, 2012 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 27 (IANS) India had been tracking 26/11 Mumbai terror attack suspect Abu Jindal Hamza for over a year, Home Minister P. Chidambaram said Wednesday, adding that his confession proved the involvement of state players in the 2008 strike.
“We were tracking Jindal for over a year. His confession proves that there was support of state actors for 26/11 massacre,” Chidambaram told reporters here.
Hamza, 30, was arrested at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi June 21 after his deportation from Saudi Arabia.
Chidambaram along with his cabinet colleagues Ambika Soni and Salman Khurshid arrived here Wednesday to take part in a media interaction arranged by the Press Information Bureau as the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government completed its third year in office.
Chidambaram said the world had appreciated the resolve and patience India showed while handling the 26/11 attack probe.
He said: “…there was state support and there were state actors. At the moment we are not pointing fingers at anyone.”
To a question about underworld don Dawood Ibrahim stationed in Pakistan, he said, “Pakistan denies this flatly”.
- 'Hamza's confession proves role of state players in 26/11' - Jun 27, 2012
- India seeks to nail Pakistan on 26/11 with Hamza's confession (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- India asks Pakistan not to be selective on terror (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- No slanging match with Pakistan, says Krishna - Jun 28, 2012
- Pakistan should admit Abu Jindal was 26/11 mastermind: India (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- 26/11 control room was in Pakistan: Chidambaram - Jul 04, 2012
- Pakistan told of Jindal confession: Mathai (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India ups pressure on 26/11 disclosures, discusses Kashmir with Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Confirmed that 26/11 controlled from Pakistan: Chidambaram (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- India has told Pakistan of outcome of 26/11 probe: Mathai - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan hold talks, focus on Jindal disclosures (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Bring terror suspect Hamza to Mumbai: Court (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Pakistan rejects involvement of state actors in 26/11 - Jul 05, 2012
- NIA has joined Jindal interrogation, court told - Jul 04, 2012
- India ups pressure on Pakistan over Jindal, no dossier shared (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: alliance government, cabinet colleagues, deportation, don dawood ibrahim, hamza, home minister, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, jindal, khurshid, media interaction, p chidambaram, pointing fingers, press information bureau, progressive alliance, salman, saudi arabia, soni, state actors, terror attack