Haldiram’s store catches fire in KolkataAugust 28th, 2008 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 28 (IANS) A fire broke out at the store of Haldiram - one of India’s leading sweet and snacks company’s outlet in south Kolkata Thursday. No one was injured in the fire.The incident took place around 10.30 a.m. on the first floor of the Haldiram Building in south Kolkata’s Exide Crossing.
“It looks like there was a short circuit in the store. As a result, the plastic and pitch board packing boxes caught fire,” a senior fire brigade official said.
“The building has its own fire fighting system. Hence, we didn’t have to waste time looking for water and could stop the fire from spreading to other parts of the building,” he added.
The restaurant on the ground floor of the building remained unaffected.
According to employees, no major loss was reported. No one was injured in the accident.
- Fire at Haldiram outlet in Kolkata - Nov 19, 2008
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Major fire at Mumbai's Naval Dockyard - Nov 03, 2011
- Two factories gutted, no casualties - Feb 15, 2011
- Haldiram - an empire under cloud - Jan 31, 2010
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Fire in Delhi building, no casualty - May 30, 2010
- Fire in Kolkata building, one killed - Mar 30, 2012
- Major fire at multi-storied building in South Kolkata - Mar 29, 2012
- Fire rages at Chandni Chowk warehouse - Nov 29, 2010
- Efforts still on to douse fire at Delhi's Chandni Chawk (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Four injured fighting blaze in Delhi's Chandni Chowk (Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Chandni Chowk fire extinguished, four hurt (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Kolkata hospital blaze kills 90, India mourns - Dec 10, 2011
- Fire at Army hospital in Delhi - Apr 18, 2011