Haldia Petrochemicals expects Rs.10,000 crore turnover this fiscalJune 11th, 2011 - 12:50 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jun 10 (IANS) Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd (HPL) is expected to achieve a turnover of Rs.10,000 crore in fiscal 2011-12, a top company executive said Friday.
“There is turnover growth…this year we expect a turnover of Rs.10,000 crore. The turnover was Rs.7,800 crore last fiscal,” HPL managing director Partha Bhattacharyya told reporters on the sidelines of a programme organised by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Noting that the company was making losses during the last three financial years, he said its EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) was negative in May and will also be negative in June.
He said the company’s margins have been affected due to the import duty on naphtha.
“Crude oil prices increased, naphtha price increased, but product prices did not increase,” Bhattacharyya added.
HPL vice chairman Purnendu Chatterjee May 30 had outlined an ambitious plan of investing Rs.4,000 crore within the next four years.
“Investment will also be made in setting up three separate poly-parks, each of 100 acres,” Chatterjee, who is also chairman of The Chatterjee Group (TCG), had told reporters.
Getting land for the projects would not be a problem as the West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC) had informed that the land was already in its possession, he added.
- HPL eyes two projects to beat financial crisis - Oct 26, 2011
- Haldia Petrochemicals outlines Rs.4,000 crore investment plan - May 30, 2011
- Bengal minister becomes HPL chairman - Mar 27, 2012
- Chatterjee Group plans Rs.4,000 crore investment in Bengal - Jul 06, 2011
- HPL's revival only after resolving shareholding dispute: Godrej - Nov 15, 2011
- Haldia Petrochemicals on road to recovery: Official - Jun 15, 2011
- HPL plans to hike production for turnaround - Jul 11, 2012
- Bengal to seek legal opinion on Haldia verdict - Oct 29, 2011
- Bhattacharyya resigns as Haldia Petrochemicals MD - Jun 19, 2012
- HPL awaits nod for product swapping terms in next board meeting - Aug 04, 2012
- Chatterjee Group chief meet Mamata ahead of HPL board meet - Mar 26, 2012
- HPL management's meet with lenders remains unfruitful - Jul 04, 2012
- HNG posts 14 percent growth in net sales in FY11 - May 23, 2011
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: ambitious plan, chatterjee group, company executive, crude oil prices, haldia petrochemicals ltd, hpl, import duty, indian chamber of commerce, interest tax, kolkata, managing director, margins, naphtha price, sidelines, tax depreciation, tcg, turnover growth, vice chairman, wbidc, west bengal