HAL to supply seven choppers to EcuadorJune 26th, 2008 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) has bagged a $51 million deal to supply seven indigenous multi-role Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv to Ecuador, it was announced Thursday. The state-owned HAL clinched the deal despite strong competition, an official statement said.
“The contract is likely to be signed within a few weeks. HAL will deliver the first helicopter in six months,” the statement said.
HAL has supplied 76 helicopters to the defence services with excellent serviceability records. HAL, which doubled its turnover in three years to $2 billion in 2007-08, has a secure order to supply 159 Dhruvs to the Indian military and the home ministry.
The multi-role helicopter has also been exported to Nepal and Israel. A civilian version is also available.
The production of this multi-role, multi-mission helicopter in the 5.5-tonne class was started in 2000-01. It is designed to meet the needs of both the military and civil sector.
- Chopper business to fly high in India - Mar 09, 2011
- India rushes team to Ecuador to probe Dhruv chopper crash - Oct 30, 2009
- Ecuador to receive five Indian choppers at air show - Feb 12, 2009
- Boeing delivers F/A-18 combat jet with HAL gun bay door - Jul 27, 2010
- HAL inks pact to make multi-role aircraft - May 29, 2012
- India's Tejas, light combat helicopter dazzle participants at Aero India - Feb 09, 2011
- HAL choppers going places but unable to meet domestic demand - Jun 07, 2009
- US pressure robs chopper order from Hindustan Aeronautics - May 04, 2008
- HAL prepares to manufacture Rafale combat jet in India - Feb 13, 2012
- Government opens IAF's combat helicopter bid (With images) - Sep 20, 2012
- Boeing in $4.5 mn deal with HAL for P-8I weapons bay doors - Feb 11, 2010
- IAF to finalise Rafale fighter deal this fiscal - Sep 20, 2012
- BAE bags $91 mn order to supply Hawk spares - Dec 12, 2011
- India's own first supersonic fighter Tejas to join Air Force today - Jan 10, 2011
- Rafale fighter selection for IAF final: Minister - Mar 03, 2012