Gursharan awards students for heritage documentationJuly 22nd, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 22 (IANS) An essay on 100 years of Karim’s — one of Delhi’s most acclaimed Mughalai eateries — was one of five chronicles of heritage that Friday won five schools in the capital awards from Gursharan Kaur, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s wife.
The other essays covered Gymkhana Club, Delhi’s oldest country club; the famed Parathewali Gali in Chandni Chowk; the Tundey Kababi eatery, and 100 Years of Bollywood.
At a programme organised at Teen Murti Bhavan, Kaur awarded students of Delhi Public School, Raghuveer Singh Junior Modern School, Ahlcon International School, St Mary’s School and Amity International School.
“Every child in the country should know the nation’s heritage,” she said.
Heritage awareness forum Itihaas, which organised the show, operates in tandem with the Archaeological Survey of India and the ministries of education and human resource development.
- Delhi students propose new look for Chandni Chowk - Jan 18, 2010
- Bawa Bullies edge out Titans in Mumbai Billiards - Jul 24, 2012
- Heritage clubs in Delhi schools soon: Dikshit - Aug 06, 2011
- Once again, nursery admissions no child's play for parents (With Images) - Jan 06, 2012
- Ten Delhi schools get books from US embassy - Apr 11, 2011
- Gursharan visits Dhaka gurdwara - Sep 06, 2011
- 'Gali Gali...' to release Feb 3, 2012 - Dec 23, 2011
- Anjolie Ela Menon's biography released as she turns 70 - Jul 16, 2010
- Lukewarm response to renovated Ghalib's haveli - Dec 29, 2011
- Small, simple tales for moviegoers this week - Jan 30, 2012
- Journey into outer space awaits Games visitors - Jun 18, 2010
- Horse shows and tea dances: Remembering the once lazy capital - Feb 17, 2012
- Nursery admission process to begin in all Delhi schools Monday - Jan 02, 2011
- Barack Obama arrives in New Delhi - Nov 07, 2010
- Hugs and kisses as PM greets Obamas in Delhi - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: 100 years, amity international school, archaeological survey of india, awareness forum, bollywood, chandni chowk, delhi public school, eateries, gali, gursharan kaur, heritage awareness, human resource development, itihaas, karim, manmohan, manmohan singh, murti, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh