Gurpurab celebrations conclude at Nankana SahibNovember 11th, 2011 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 11 (IANS) The three-day celebrations of the 542nd birth anniversary of Guru Nanak, the Sikh religion’s founder, have concluded at the Gurdwara Janamsthan in Pakistan, Geo News reported Friday.
Gurdwara Janamsthan, also known as Nankana Sahib, marks the spot where Guru Nanak is believed to have born.
The birth anniversary celebrations concluded Thursday after the palanquin procession.
The procession was taken out at 1.00 p.m. and concluded at 3.00 p.m. Thousands of Sikh pilgrims participated with religious zeal, chanting religious slogans.
Member of National Assembly Manohar Lal represented Pakistan at the concluding ceremony.
- Guru Nanak's birth anniversary celebrated with fervour (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Guru Nanak's birth anniversary celebrated in Pakistan - Nov 21, 2010
- Sikh pilgrims' tents in Pakistan catches fire; no casualties - Nov 20, 2010
- Sikh pilgrims visit Pakistan - Nov 09, 2011
- Pakistan Gurdwara invitation for Guru Nanak Dev 541st birth anniversary - Oct 22, 2010
- 1200 Indian Sikh pilgrims to celebrate 541st Guru Nanak birth anniversary in Pak - Nov 19, 2010
- 3,000 Sikhs to visit Pakistan on Baisakhi - Apr 04, 2012
- 350 Sikhs reach Pakistan for Ranjit Singh anniversary - Jun 22, 2012
- Remove India, Pakistan border restrictions: Sikh pilgrims - Nov 21, 2010
- 4,000 Sikhs reach Pakistan for Nanak's birth anniversary - Nov 19, 2010
- Prayers, devotion mark Gurpurab in Punjab, Haryana - Nov 10, 2011
- Sikhs appeal to Pak to ease visa norms for pilgrims - Mar 03, 2011
- Punjab celebrates Gurpurab - Nov 21, 2010
- 3,000 Indian Sikhs to visit Pakistan - Apr 11, 2011
- Guru Nanak Jayanti being celebrated today - Nov 21, 2010
Tags: anniversary celebrations, birth anniversary, geo news, gurpurab celebrations, guru nanak, lal, manohar, national assembly, pakistan, procession, religious zeal, sahib, sikh pilgrims, sikh religion, slogans