‘Gurgaon NGO didn’t have permission to run orphanage’May 5th, 2012 - 11:38 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, May 5 (IANS) NGO Suparna Ka Aangan did not have permission to run the orphanage where sexual abuse of several minor girls has come to light, an enquiry by a three-member team of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) revealed Saturday.
The NCPCR team found that 24 children, out of 71 registered inmates, were missing from the shelter for poor children. NCPCR officials also asked the district administration to take steps to curb child abuse at such homes.
On the direction of the commission, 10 boys and nine girls from the home were sent to the civil hospital for medical examination, while six girls were shifted to Aarushi shelter home in Sector 21.
Meanwhile, police said caretaker Rachit, who allegedly sexually harassed at least five girls in the 8-15 age-group and NGO president Suparana Sethi were sent to 14-day’s judicial custody by a local court. They were arrested Friday.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Gurgaon NGO activist held for sexual abuse of minors - May 05, 2012
- Children homes should be strictly monitored: NCPCR - Jan 26, 2012
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- Nearly 120 rescued after raid on Haryana protection home - May 10, 2012
- Shelter home exploitation: cop held for destroying evidence - Jul 06, 2012
- Scandals to protests, Hooda gets busy this summer (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 06, 2012
- NGO worker, son-in-law arrested for assaulting protection home inmates (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Probe into abuse by Haryana cops in women's shelter (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Delhi shelter homes uninhabitable; over 1,800 children flee: RTI data - Jan 19, 2011
- Six kids missing from Rohtak shelter home traced - May 16, 2012
- Street, working kids open up to authorities - Apr 11, 2012
- Child rights panel comes to rescue of jailed Jharkhand girls - Dec 22, 2010
- National panel to study drug abuse among children - Jun 25, 2012
- Scandalous state of Mathura's child welfare homes - Jun 25, 2012
- Scandalous state of Mathura's child welfare homes (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: aangan, asian news, caretaker, district administration, gsh, gurgaon, inmates, judicial custody, local court, medical examination, member team, minor girls, ngo, nine girls, orphanage, pradeep, rachit, sethi, sexual abuse, suparna