Gurgaon cops arrest Delhi trader for extortion callApril 8th, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, April 8 (IANS) A businessman was arrested Sunday from Delhi for making an extortion call to his brother-in-law, a trader in this suburb of the national capital, sources said.
Last Thursday, Shailender Kumar, who owns a book shop in the Sadar Bazar area here was warned that his child would be kidnapped and killed if he didn’t cough up Rs.20 lakh.
“The mobile phone number of the caller was put on surveillance. After tracking it, the location of the caller was found to be Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar. The accused was identified as Kamal Kumar, who is also a book seller in the capital and the brother-in-law of victim,” DCP (East) Abhey Singh Rao told IANS.
“On April 5, he came to Gurgaon by Metro and made extortion calls from the Sushant Lok area. After the calls, he switched off the number. Earlier, the used number was issued to a IIT student of Delhi but he had surrendered that a month back. The accused had activated it on March 28,” the DCP added.
The accused was running losses in business. To overcome them, he had hatched the conspiracy. He was arrested Sunday evening from Delhi.
- Kurukshetra University president's killer held in Gurgaon - Apr 05, 2012
- Trainee pilot arrested for engineer's murder - Jul 08, 2012
- Woman Congress councillor gets extortion calls - Mar 17, 2011
- Management graduate held for Rs.1 crore extortion bid - Nov 22, 2011
- Relative held for extortion call - Jun 02, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh minister's kin arrested - Jul 07, 2011
- TV serial actor held for extortion bid - Feb 02, 2011
- One held for duping IIT aspirants - Sep 03, 2010
- Haryana couple shot by girl's family, critical - Jun 08, 2012
- Girl commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Mar 25, 2012
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Gurgaon police bust drug gang - May 25, 2012
- Teenager abducted, gangraped in Gurgaon - May 10, 2012
- Bangladeshi held for killing senior citizen - Nov 17, 2011
- Teen held for making extortion calls - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: book seller, brother, businessman, capital sources, conspiracy, cops, extortion, gandhi, kamal, last thursday, losses, metro, mobile phone number, rao, sadar bazar, suburb, sunday evening, surveillance, sushant lok