Gunmen kill two foreigners, one Afghan national in KabulOctober 25th, 2008 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Oct 25 (Xinhua) At least three people, including two foreign nationals, were shot dead Saturday morning by unknown gunmen in the Afghan capital, officials said.According to a UN official, the incident occurred at around 10 a.m. in a high-security zone where Iranian and Turkish embassies are located.
The two foreign nationals were working for the DHL Company in Kabul, while the third victim was a security guard employed in the same company.
Two people were also injured in the attack. The Afghan police have cordoned off the area after the incident, the official said requesting anonymity.
An interior ministry official said that one of the victims was a Canadian national. However, the nationality of the other victim was not immediately known.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
- NATO chopper crash kills 14 near Kabul (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Unidentified gunmen attack Iranian bus in eastern Turkey, injuring 8 - Nov 16, 2011
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills three NATO soldiers - Aug 30, 2012
- Seven killed in Kabul attack (Third Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Blasts rock Kabul as security forces fight Taliban (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Taliban strike Kabul, other Afghan targets (Second Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Blasts rock Kabul, Taliban target US embassy - Sep 13, 2011
- Four killed in Kabul blasts (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills 55 at Shiite shrine in Kabul - Dec 07, 2011
- Turkish military helicopter crashes in Kabul, killing 16 - Mar 18, 2012
- Two die in suicide attack at Kabul shopping mall (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Three UN staff killed in Afghan attack - Oct 31, 2011
- Two Britons among dead in Kabul attack - Oct 30, 2011