Gunmen kill three in Bihar MP’s houseJuly 20th, 2011 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 20 (IANS) Three people were killed Wednesday when five gunmen barged into the house of a Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) MP in Bihar’s Chapra town and opened random fire, police said.
Umashanar Singh, elected to the Lok Sabha from Maharajganj, was not in the house when the incident took place. “I had left barely half hour earlier,” Singh told IANS over telephone.
The victims were identified as Vinod Singh, Mani Bhushan Singh and Dinesh Yadav — all known supporters of Singh.
Police said it appeared the criminals used AK-47s.
“I have informed the home ministry and the state government about threats to my life but no security was provided to me,” said Singh.
- Three held for killings at MP's house in Bihar - Jul 21, 2011
- Bihar MP's aide, wife shot dead - May 10, 2010
- Bihar seeks bail cancellation of 101 criminals - Jul 06, 2012
- Rabri Devi to contest from two seats in Bihar polls - Oct 04, 2010
- Former central minister quits RJD - Aug 19, 2010
- Lalu's RJD backs Nitish on Bihar Day in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Jailed criminal from Nitish's camp wins - Nov 24, 2010
- RJD releases list of 25 candidates from Bihar (Lead, Changing Dateline) - Mar 23, 2009
- Strike hits normal life in parts of Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Only Shatrughan, Shahnawaz secular in BJP: Lalu - Jul 05, 2012
- Ex-RJD MP's relative among two killed in Patna - Jul 10, 2012
- Police acting only against Muslims, Yadavs: RJD - Aug 28, 2012
- Lalu Yadav meets Chapra electrocution victims - Sep 19, 2010
- Paswan, Rudy make it to Rajya Sabha from Bihar (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- Bihar former minister dies after conviction in massacre case - Oct 05, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,