Gunman kills five, self at US skating rinkJuly 24th, 2011 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, July 24 (IANS) A gunman opened fire at a skating rink in Dallas, killing at least five people and injuring four before fatally shooting himself Saturday, police said.
A police officer said the gunman attended a birthday party in the skating rink and shot at people when a squabble broke out between a husband and wife, Xinhua reported.
The victims haven’t been identified and their relation with the gunman was unclear. The wounded were taken to hospitals.
A local resident told the Dallas Morning News that he saw the victims coming across the street in panic.
“They had children along with some adults. You could tell there was a sense of urgency and panic in their eyes.”
- Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police - Dec 10, 2011
- Three killed in shooting near US varsity (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Obama denounces Sikh Gurudwara shooting - Aug 06, 2012
- Three killed in French school shooting (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Five dead in German hostage crisis (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Eight killed, one injured in Ohio shooting spree - Aug 08, 2011
- Four die in shooting outside school in France (Second Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Seven bodies found in US apartment - Dec 26, 2011
- Gunman kills one, takes another hostage in German town - Jul 05, 2012
- Gunman shoots five teenagers at New Orleans birthday party - Mar 13, 2011
- Shooting after George Clinton's concert turns fatal for one - Aug 01, 2011
- Shooting at Dallas, Texas office building leaves three injured - Mar 09, 2010
- Gunman kills five in New York, shot dead (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Gunman kills 4 at Minnesota workplace before shooting self - Sep 29, 2012
- Five killed in US spa shooting - Feb 22, 2012