Gujarat to run 300 extra buses on HoliMarch 19th, 2008 - 4:57 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, March 19(IANS) The Gujarat government has decided to operate 300 extra buses for hundreds and thousands of pilgrims expected to visit a temple during the Holi festival this week. Pilgrims in large numbers are expected to visit Dakor temple on Holi, to be celebrated March 21 and on Dhuleti, the second day of the festival of colours.
The pilgrims usually walk to the Lord Krishna temple in Dakor but return by bus.
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) has decided to run 300 extra buses from Dakor, 90 km from here, to different parts of the state, an official said Wednesday.
- Where Holi goes on for 50 days - Mar 07, 2012
- Kites, feasts, dancing mark Makar Sankranti celebrations (Roundup) - Jan 15, 2012
- Tight security at Gujarat temple for Holi festivities - Mar 10, 2009
- Holi revelry picks up momentum in Braj area (With Image) - Mar 15, 2011
- Curbs imposed on tobacco items' ads on Gujarat public transport buses - Jan 01, 2011
- Devotees gather for 'Lath Mar' holi in Barsana - Mar 14, 2011
- Millions throng Goverdhan for annual pilgrimage - Jul 15, 2011
- Holi splashes Delhi with colours (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Foreign tourists find Braj Mandal Holi extraordinary - Mar 17, 2011
- Gujarat questioned on relief for accident victims - Feb 03, 2011
- A riot of colours in Vrindavan - Mar 08, 2012
- Pilgrim city Dwarka awaits Modi's blessings - Mar 10, 2011
- Bhai Duj, time to celebrate brother-sister bond - Nov 07, 2010
- Riot of colours as Holi celebrated with gaiety (Roundup) - Mar 08, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh residents celebrate 'Laddoo Holi' - Mar 14, 2011