Gujarat to recruit intelligence officers: Police chiefJune 3rd, 2009 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, June 3 (IANS) The Gujarat government will recruit about 50 intelligence officers for counter-terrorism operations, state Director General of Police S.S. Khandwawala said Wednesday.
“The intelligence officers to be recruited by the state government would receive training in the best institutes outside Gujarat to make them capable of helping the state’s police force with their counter-terrorist operations,” Khandwawala said at Raipur, 400 km from here.
He said that the primary task of the intelligence officers would be to provide regular inputs to Gujarat Police on movements and activities of suspected members of various banned outfits in the state.
“The state government is also planning to construct an additional 27 marine police stations across the 1,600-km coastal corridor of the Saurashtra-Kutch region to strengthen coastal security,” Khandwawala said, adding that 10 marine police stations are already operational in the state.
“The police modernization project of the state government is already underway and all the personnel would be equipped with modern weaponry within the next six months,” he said.
- Gujarat readies for cyclone Phet, squalls hit coastal areas (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Cyclone Phet may give Gujarat a miss (Lead) - Jun 03, 2010
- Gujarat coral reefs a virtual gold mine - Mar 27, 2011
- Gujarat to develop 2 beaches along Saurashtra coast - Jun 28, 2009
- Coast Guard commissions new station in Gujarat - May 19, 2011
- Pakistani boat found in Kutch - Jun 23, 2010
- Court issues notices on plea against Essar Terminal's jetty - Jun 22, 2011
- CBI conditionally favours Amin's plea to turn approver - Aug 10, 2010
- Maharashtra demands central aid to modernize police force - Feb 01, 2011
- Saurashtra could be hit by 5-metre high tidal waves: officials - Jul 24, 2009
- Cyclone Phet may hit Gujarat during weekend - Jun 03, 2010
- First coastal command centre to be inaugurated in Gandhinagar on Oct.3 - Sep 30, 2009
- No blind support to corporates, says Andhra police chief - Dec 30, 2011
- Cyclone Phet may hit Gujarat in next few days - Jun 02, 2010
- Coast Guard to be largest water protection force by 2018 - Sep 27, 2011