Gujarat to change work profile of fast track courtsApril 5th, 2011 - 12:20 am ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, April 4 (IANS) The Gujarat government plans to convert the state’s fast track courts, financially supported by the central government till March 31, into those of additional district judges.
The government gave the information about its disinclination to continue with the fast track courts in the absence of central funds to the Gujarat High Court Monday.
Around 120 fast track courts were set up in the last decade under a scheme of the central government for disposal of long pending sessions and other cases.
The division bench of Chief Justice S.J. Mukhopadhaya and Justice J.B. Pardiwala was told by government counsel P.K. Jani that the legal department had sent a letter to the registrar general informing him that the government proposed to convert the fast track courts into courts of additional district judges.
On revised pay scales of judicial officers in the state, the state government informed the court that it has constituted a sub-committee and after the cabinet considereed its report, the matter would be put up before the governor.
Jani stated that the sub-committee comprising of the law minister, finance minister and minister of urban housing and development has submitted its report for effecting compliance of Padmanabhan Committee’s recommendations to revise pay scales of judicial officers.
The bench was hearing a plea of Gujarat Labour Court judicial officers’ association for pay revision.
The court earlier pulled up the government for not complying with the Supreme Court’s directions to give benefits of 6th Pay Commission to judicial officers in the state.
The case would be heard next May 3.
- Gujarat court summons officials on pay hike issue - Jun 14, 2011
- Court dismisses plea of judges seeking reinstatement - Jun 22, 2011
- High court ultimatum to Gujarat government on pay revision - Jun 20, 2011
- Court query on Gujarat cop's testimony before riots panel - Jun 30, 2011
- Court bars Gujarat varsity registrar from holding office - Jun 22, 2011
- Court notice to state, centre on fixed wages - May 05, 2011
- Court reserves order on plea of five former ad-hoc judges - Apr 14, 2011
- Gujarat High Court raps Narendra Modi government - Feb 08, 2012
- Gujarat launches scheme for juvenile delinquents' welfare - Apr 05, 2011
- Gujarat warned on delay in labour court judges' pay hike - Dec 28, 2010
- Caste doesn't work in court, petitioner told - Apr 18, 2011
- Court pulls up Gujarat government - Apr 04, 2011
- Gujarat panchayat workers to get same pay as government staff - Apr 14, 2011
- Sixth pay panel scales for Gujarat judicial officers soon - Nov 29, 2010
- Court issues notices on plea against Essar Terminal's jetty - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: central government, chief justice, disinclination, district judges, division bench, fast track, finance minister, government counsel, gujarat government, gujarat high court, jani, judicial officers, labour court, last decade, law minister, padmanabhan, pay scales, registrar general, urban housing, work profile