Gujarat riots probe panel’s term extendedJune 21st, 2011 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, June 21 (IANS) The Gujarat government has extended till December the term of Justice G.T. Nanavati-Akshay Mehta Commission probing the 2002 Godhra train carnage and the communal riots that followed it.
It was the 16th six-month extension for the panel which has so far submitted the first part of its two-section report.
The panel was set up by the Gujarat government in February-March 2002 in the aftermath of the statewide communal riots that followed the Godhra train burning that left 59 Kar Sevaks dead.
The first part of the commission’s report concluded that the burning of the Sabarmati Express bogie was a “pre-planned conspiracy”. It also gave a clean chit to Chief Minister Narendra Modi and the state administration.
- Questioning of ex-officials on Gujarat riots put off - Aug 10, 2011
- Petition seeking Narendra Modi's deposition before Nanavati panel rejected (Second Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Nanavati-Mehta panel allows cross-examination of Sanjiv Bhatt - May 09, 2011
- 'Narendra Modi needn't depose before Nanavati panel' (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Teesta denies fabricating riot victims' affidavits - Nov 25, 2010
- Plea for Modi's deposition to Gujarat riot panel rejected (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- Godhra riot case: Relief for Modi from apex court (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Riot panel witness testifies against Teesta Setalvad - Nov 24, 2010
- Details of Jhadapia's deposition before riots panel sought - Dec 15, 2010
- Gujarat riot victims may file plea to make cop a witness - Jun 21, 2011
- Apex court notice on plea to summon Modi before riots panel - Mar 19, 2012
- Will Modi be summoned for riots probe, asks high court - Jan 21, 2010
- Gujarat police officer Sanjiv Bhatt suspended (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Gujarat police officer Sanjiv Bhatt suspended (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Details sought on Zadafia's appearance before Gujarat riots panel - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: aftermath, akshay, bogie, carnage, chief minister, clean chit, communal riots, conspiracy, february march, godhra train, gujarat government, june 21, kar sevaks, mehta, modi, nanavati, sabarmati express, state administration