Gujarat, Rajasthan cops slapped with Prajapati murder caseApril 29th, 2011 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 29 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation Friday registered a case against Gujarat and Rajasthan police officials in the Tulsi Prajapati murder case, an official said.
The development comes in the wake of a Supreme Court order of April 8 on a writ petition filed by Narmada Rai, mother of Prajapati.
The case has been registered against police officials of Gujarat and Rajasthan - whose identities have not been revealed - for their alleged involvement in the criminal conspiracy of wrongful restraint, confinement, abduction and murder of Prajapati and “causing disappearance” of evidence in the matter.
The official said the apex court order and Narmada Rai’s petition form the basis of the CBI first information report in the case (BSI/S/2011/0003).
The investigations into the matter will be carried out by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) which had earlier probed the 2005 Sohrabuddin fake shootout case, the official said.
Prajapati, a close aide of Sohrabuddin, an alleged extortionist and gangster, was killed in an alleged shootout near Chapri village in Banaskantha district on Dec 28, 2006.
- Shootout chain reconstructed in Gujarat court - Jul 09, 2011
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter case - Apr 08, 2011
- SC rejects Gujarat's plea to review Prajapati shootout order - Jul 13, 2012
- Sohrabuddin aide's murder also part of conspiracy: CBI - Aug 25, 2010
- Amit Shah headed extortion gang, CBI tells apex court - Mar 09, 2011
- Gujarat cop held for Prajapati killing in fake gun battle - May 14, 2010
- CBI gets another month to probe Prajapati killing - Jun 07, 2012
- SC gives CBI two weeks' extension in Prajapati case (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- SC reserves verdict on Amit Shah's bail in Sohrabuddin case (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Jethmalani pleads for bail for Amit Shah - Oct 22, 2010
- CBI arrests Ahmedabad cop for Sohrabuddin killing (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2010
- Gujarat not to proceed with trial in Prajapati shootout case - Dec 14, 2010
- Gujarat shootout case: Supreme Court orders CBI probe (Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Sohrabuddin's brother wants further probe after cop's testimony - Sep 15, 2011
- CBI pinning Sohrabuddin's crimes on me, says Amit Shah - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: abduction, apex, apex court, april 29, cbi, central bureau of investigation, confinement, criminal conspiracy, disappearance, extortionist, gangster, gujarat, information report, investigation team, murder case, petition form, police officials, rajasthan, tulsi, writ petition