Gujarat questioned on sewer workers’ safetyJune 22nd, 2011 - 1:09 am ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, June 21 (IANS) The Gujarat High Court Tuesday gave time till July 11 to the state government and all municipal corporations to respond to suggestions for improving the working conditions of sewer workers and manual scavengers.
The bench comprising Chief Justice S.J. Mukhopadhaya and Justice J.B. Pardiwala asked the authorities to file their reply on suggestions made by senior advocate Girish Patel to counter the dangerous working conditions and untimely deaths of manual scavengers.
The lawyer gave a list of suggestions that civic agencies could implement to prevent accidents.
- Court halts sealing of illegal buildings in Ahmedabad - May 09, 2011
- Court reserves order on plea of five former ad-hoc judges - Apr 14, 2011
- Court relief for the Ahmedabad riverfront displaced - Jul 05, 2011
- Court query on Gujarat cop's testimony before riots panel - Jun 30, 2011
- Court bars Gujarat varsity registrar from holding office - Jun 22, 2011
- Anti-encroachment drive in Ahmedabad to go on - Apr 18, 2011
- Gujarat panchayat workers to get same pay as government staff - Apr 14, 2011
- Court issues notices on plea against Essar Terminal's jetty - Jun 22, 2011
- Gujarat launches scheme for juvenile delinquents' welfare - Apr 05, 2011
- MPs, MLAs salaries should be cancelled for misconduct: Court petitioned - Mar 09, 2011
- Court questions Gujarat on headless rights panel - Jun 22, 2011
- Court pulls up Gujarat government - Apr 04, 2011
- Caste doesn't work in court, petitioner told - Apr 18, 2011
- Court notice to state, centre on fixed wages - May 05, 2011
- Gujarat to change work profile of fast track courts - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: accidents, advocate, authorities, bench, chief justice, civic agencies, gujarat high court, june 21, lawyer, manual scavengers, municipal corporations, reply, sewer workers, state government, untimely deaths, workers safety, working conditions