Gujarat police official suspendedJanuary 6th, 2009 - 11:17 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Jan 6 (IANS) A senior Gujarat police official has been suspended after a rape victim complained that he had allegedly helped the accused, the police said Tuesday.Deputy Superintendent of Police Banaskantha (Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes Cell) S.K. Macwan was suspended Monday following an inquiry into a complaint by the 20-year-old tribal woman from Danta sub-division.
The woman was raped in March 2006 by Parthiji Pala of Malan village near Palanpur, 166 km from here, and the rapist was arrested Feb 14, 2007 after the Gujarat High Court rejected his anticipatory bail plea.
He surrendered before the Palanpur judicial court from where he was arrested and later released on bail. His case was pending with the court since then, said District Superintendent of Police (Banaskantha) D.N. Patel.
According to a first information report (FIR) filed by the victim, Macwan had prepared a misleading summary report to save Parthaji and also allegedly destroyed evidence, the police official said.
- Shah grilled by CBI throughout Saturday - Aug 07, 2010
- Arrested Dahod police chief's remand extended - May 12, 2010
- Odisha gang rape: Doctors protest action - Jun 27, 2012
- Suspended Himachal cop surrenders - Sep 02, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Himachal cop for graft - Jun 16, 2011
- Rapist leaves scar on woman's chastity: Court - Sep 02, 2012
- Maharashtra Police officer gets bail in rape case - Apr 23, 2012
- Apex court gives bail to suspended Gujarat bureaucrat - Dec 13, 2011
- Arrest of ex-minister sought in Odisha gang rape - Mar 05, 2012
- Three Odisha doctors charged in Pipli gangrape case - Jun 13, 2012
- CBI conditionally favours Amin's plea to turn approver - Aug 10, 2010
- Legislator's rape-accused nephew arrested - Feb 08, 2011
- Compensate rape victim, Bihar told - Jan 31, 2012
- Man jailed in Britain for raping drunk women - Sep 24, 2011
- Rapist priest's seven-year term upheld (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012