Gujarat police gets custody of Madhya Pradesh SIMI activistsAugust 22nd, 2008 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Aug 22 (IANS) The Gujarat Police was Friday given custody of five activists of the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) who were lodged in jails in Madhya Pradesh jail.A Gujarat Police team had arrived in the state late Thursday evening with production warrants seeking custody of the SIMI activists, including Safdar Nagori, the outfit’s Madhya Pradesh chief, wanted for interrogation in connection with the July 26 serial bomb blasts in Ahmedabad.
The team Friday submitted an application in the court of chief judicial magistrate S.S. Thakur in Dhar town following which it was given custody of the SIMI activists.
The Gujarat Police, while investigating the Ahmedabad blasts, had found strong evidence against Nagori and the four other SIMI activists - Kamruddin, Amil Pervez, Hafiz Ahmad and Sivilee.
Nine people were arrested Aug 16 for their alleged involvement in the Ahmedabad blasts and they reportedly disclosed that the explosives used were sent from Madhya Pradesh.
According to the Gujarat Police, Nagori, who was arrested along with 12 others March 27 from Indore, had trained the activists who had planted the bombs.
Nagori had been lodged in a jail in Rewa and the others in the Indore Central Jail.
- Gujarat police team in Madhya Pradesh for custody of SIMI activists - Aug 22, 2008
- SIMI leader Safdar Nagori brought to Ahmedabad - Aug 25, 2008
- Four SIMI activists taken to Ahmedabad court - Aug 23, 2008
- Fresh hunt on for Mumbai-based SIMI activist - Aug 21, 2008
- Nagori sent to to nine-day police remand - Aug 25, 2008
- Nagori's police custody in Ahmedabad bombings extended - Sep 03, 2008
- SIMI activists produced in court over Ahmedabad blasts - Aug 23, 2008
- Bashir admits involvement in Ahmedabad blasts - Aug 19, 2008
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Many links between Ahmedabad, Pune blasts - Feb 17, 2010
- Mecca blast accused sent to judicial custody (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Three arrested SIMI activists to undergo narco test - Apr 05, 2008
- SIMI's former president nabbed at Kochi airport - Jun 25, 2011
- SIMI activist nabbed in Gujarat - Jul 27, 2010