Gujarat police get 14-day remand for 5 blast accusedOctober 28th, 2008 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Oct 28 (IANS) The Gujarat police Tuesday secured 14-day remand for the five terror accused brought here from New Delhi. The five men were presdented before the designated Metropolitan Court and Metropolitan Court Magistrate G.M. Patel granted 14-day remand.
The five men, Mohammed Saif, Zeeshan Ahmad, Mohammed Shakeel, Zia-ur-Rehman and Saquib Nissar, were brought here on transit remand from Delhi Monday. They were arrested by Delhi Police last month for their alleged role in the Sep 13 serial bombings in the national capital that claimed 26 lives.
The Gujarat police told a Delhi court Monday that the five had allegedly disclosed to Delhi Police their involvement in the Ahmedabad blasts of July 26.
The police said the names of the five accused men had also emerged from the interrogation of the 27 other accused held here.
The 20-odd bombs had gone off within a span of less than two hours here, killing 55 and injuring over 100.
- Four Delhi blast accused in Gujarat police's custody - Jun 12, 2009
- Court rejects Delhi blast accused's plea for CDs - Mar 23, 2009
- Court issues warrants against Delhi blasts accused - Dec 08, 2008
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Court notice to Gujarat over remand of five suspected terrorists - Nov 11, 2008
- Trial in Delhi serial blasts case to begin soon - Nov 26, 2009
- Delhi blasts accused sent to jail till Feb 4 - Jan 21, 2009
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- One Delhi bombing accused sent to jail, warrant for others - Jan 07, 2009
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 21, 2009
- Delhi Police file charges for Sep 13 serial blasts - Jan 14, 2009
- Court dismisses plea of Delhi serial blasts suspects - Dec 17, 2008
- Delhi blasts: Judicial custody of six accused extended - Feb 18, 2009