Gujarat cop held in Prajapati killing sent to police custodyMay 14th, 2010 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, May 14 (IANS) Gujarat Police inspector Ashish Pandya, who was arrested from Rajkot Thursday for his role in the killing of Tulsi Prajapati in an alleged fake gun battle, was presented before a Danta court Friday and remanded in 12-day police custody.
Pandya, who refused a lawyer and argued his case in person, has denied all the charges made out by the police. He is the fifth policeman to be arrested in the case.
He was arrested when he reported at the anti-corruption bureau office in Rajkot. Pandya has been named a key man by the CID in the alleged fake gunfight in which Tulsi Prajapati, an associate of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, was killed.
Prajapati, who was believed to be a key witness to the fate of Sohrabuddin, was allegedly killed near Ambaji on the Gujarat-Rajasthan border in December 2006.
The case is believed to be connected with the Sohrabuddin fake gunfight case.
Fifteen policemen have been arrested for the November 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin, who, police then claimed, was killed in a shootout near Ahmedabad Nov 28, 2005. His wife Kauserbi has been missing since then.
- Gujarat cop held for Prajapati killing in fake gun battle - May 14, 2010
- Arrested Dahod police chief's remand extended - May 12, 2010
- CBI seeks custody of two arrested Gujarat cops - May 07, 2010
- Cops' probe a ruse to hinder CBI, says Prajapati's mother - May 17, 2010
- Gujarat police finally hand over Prajapati case to CBI - Jun 01, 2010
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter case - Apr 08, 2011
- CBI conditionally favours Amin's plea to turn approver - Aug 10, 2010
- Two constables arrested in Sohrabuddin case - May 05, 2010
- Jethmalani pleads for bail for Amit Shah - Oct 22, 2010
- Shootout chain reconstructed in Gujarat court - Jul 09, 2011
- Police files chargesheet in Prajapati killing - Jul 30, 2010
- Gujarat, Rajasthan cops slapped with Prajapati murder case - Apr 29, 2011
- Court grants bail to Gujarat ex-minister Amit Shah (Lead) - Oct 29, 2010
- CBI arrests Ahmedabad cop for Sohrabuddin killing (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2010
- Four Gujarat cops held for negligence - Oct 09, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, ambaji, ashish, cop, corruption bureau, danta, fake gun, fate, gujarat police, gun battle, gunfight, key man, key witness, lawyer, pandya, police inspector, policeman, policemen, rajkot, sheikh