Gujarat BJP legislator’s gun license cancelledJune 5th, 2008 - 1:44 am ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, June 5 (IANS) The gun license of Madhu Srivastava, a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator from Vadodara city who had fired in the air during Holi revelries, was cancelled Wednesday. The Waghodiya legislator had taken out a procession on Holi in March from his office and then fired three shots from his personal revolver, creating panic. The Vadodara police were forced to file a complaint against him but he had defended himself saying it was not a real gun.
It was proved later that it was indeed a firearm.
Srivastava came into prominence in the case relating to communal carnage at Best Bakery in Vadodara, 110 km from here, for allegedly threatening main witness Zahira Sheikh to withdraw her testimony.
- Best Bakery killings: Four get life term, five acquitted - Jul 09, 2012
- YSR party leader fires in air during celebrations - Jun 15, 2012
- YSR party leader sent to jail for firing in air (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Gujarat BJP legislator booked under Arms Act - Mar 23, 2008
- New public prosecutors appointed in 2002 communal riots case - Jun 17, 2011
- Soon, a Kalashnikov rifle for sport - Jul 13, 2012
- Four generations a facet of contemporary Indian art: Gulammohammed Sheikh (Interview) - Oct 18, 2011
- Ajmer blast: Rajasthan cops arrest man in Gujarat - Nov 04, 2010
- Ex-Mumbai top cop, 9 policemen cleared in murder case - Oct 16, 2009
- 'Face' of Gujarat riots to launch Mumbai protest initiative - Feb 26, 2012
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Chinese Holi items flood market - Mar 05, 2012
- Life terms for 31 in Gujarat's 2002 Sardarpura massacre - Nov 09, 2011
- Police await forensic reports on Jakhar's death - Jan 19, 2011
- MIM leader Owaisi injured in attack, Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011