Gujarat asked to respond to bail plea of Asaram’s sonAugust 14th, 2008 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Aug 13 (IANS) The Indore bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court Wednesday issued notice to the Gujarat government on a bail petition filed by Asaram Bapu’s son Narayan Sai. Sai submitted an anticipatory bail plea in the court through his advocate.
“The Central Bureau of Investigation or Gujarat police may arrest my client on the pretext of interrogation for two (recent) deaths at the Ahmedabad Ashram. Sai is prepared to cooperate in the probe even without being arrested,” advocate P.K. Saxena submitted before the court of Justice W.A. Shah.
Gujarat police, investigating death of two students in a gurukul run by the Asaram, has summoned Sai for questioning. Bodies of Abhishek and Dipesh Vaghela were found in decomposed condition July 5 from behind the ashram in Motera.
- Asaram Bapu asked to appear before panel on ashram deaths - May 09, 2011
- Asaram school death report handed to court - Apr 07, 2010
- Case against seven Asaram Bapu workers over deaths - Nov 10, 2009
- Gujarat government gets court notice on Asaram school deaths - May 02, 2009
- Asaram Bapu survives chopper crash, probe ordered - Aug 29, 2012
- Seize Asaram Bapu's passport: Congress leader - Aug 09, 2008
- Notice to Asaram's Navsari ashram for encroachment - Dec 31, 2009
- Court rap for Asaram Ashram - Aug 26, 2008
- Court orders police to file case against Asaram ashram (Lead) - Aug 26, 2008
- Apex court denies relief to Asaram Bapu in murder case - Jan 04, 2010
- God Man Asaram Bapu's hermitage demolished in Gujarat - Nov 27, 2010
- Court reserves order on Kanda's anticipatory bail plea (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kanda's anticipatory bail plea (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Apex court denies urgent hearing to Asaram Bapu's bail plea - Dec 17, 2009
- Gujarat shutdown call evokes mixed response - Jul 21, 2008