Guerrillas shoot dead youth in KashmirFebruary 19th, 2012 - 10:33 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Feb 19 (IANS) A youth was shot dead by separatist guerrillas in north Kashmir’s Sopore town Sunday, police said.
“Around 7.30 p.m. today (Sunday), militants shot at Omar Rasool Kaboo, 23, a resident of Arampora locality in Sopore town,” Sopore’s Superintendent of Police Syed Imtiyaz Hussain told IANS.
“He was immediately removed to the local hospital where he succumbed to injuries despite the best efforts of the doctors to revive him,” he added.
Two day back, another youth had escaped miraculously when guerrillas fired at him in the town.
No separatist group has so far owned responsibility for the youth’s killing.
- Soldier injured in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Youth's killing triggers tensions in north Kashmir - Feb 11, 2012
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Five CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir attack - Jun 17, 2012
- Youth's death in firing triggers tension in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Terrorist killed in Kashmir - Sep 13, 2011
- Guerrillas attack paramilitary camp in Sopore - Sep 14, 2011
- Kashmir police convoy attacked, five injured (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Top Lashkar commander killed in Kashmir gunfight (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Security forces battle militants in Sopore gunfight - Feb 21, 2012
- LeT now targets local youths with passports: Police - Mar 02, 2012
- Condemn civilian killing by guerrillas, Omar dares separatists - Jul 25, 2011
- Youth killed by militants in Kashmir - May 01, 2011
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- LeT, United Jehad Council condemn Sopore murders - Feb 03, 2011