Guerrilla arrested with Pakistani wife in ValleyDecember 13th, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Dec 13 (IANS) Security forces Tuesday arrested a separatist guerrilla and his Pakistani wife in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district after the couple’s recent infiltration into the Valley across the line of control (LOC), police here said.
“Police in Pattan town along with the troops of counter-insurgency 29 Rashtriya Rifles today (Tuesday) arrested a Hizbul Mujahideen militant and his wife near Rangee Mode, Baramulla,” a senior police officer told IANS here.
“The militant was identified as Mohammad Yousuf Bhat, resident of south Kashmir’s Shopian district, and his wife as Shahnaz Bibi, resident of Chinari Muzaffarabad (Pakistan-administered Kashmir),” the officer said, adding the couple had recently infiltrated into the Kashmir Valley.
“One revolver, three rounds and one hand grenade were recovered from the possession of arrested militant. A case has been registered in this regard,” the officer added.
Police said Bhat had married Shahnaz Bibi in Muzaffarabad during his stay there after he had gone across the LOC for obtaining training in militant activities.
- Kashmir police bust human trafficking racket - Mar 09, 2012
- 'Pakistan not cooperating in return of Kashmiri youths' - Jul 28, 2012
- Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian Army - May 09, 2011
- Lashkar plans 'big strikes' in Kashmir, rest of India: Abu Jundal - Jul 13, 2012
- Arrested militant reveals 26/11 attackers were trained in Pakistan - Nov 26, 2010
- 2 Hizbul militants held in Jammu-Kashmir's Baramulla district - Oct 17, 2010
- National Conference activist shot dead, killers identified (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu region - May 16, 2012
- Trooper arrested for misbehaving with Kashmir girl - Jul 25, 2011
- Hizbul guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight - Nov 17, 2011
- Toll in Kashmir violence rises to four - Jul 31, 2010
- Hizbul militant surrenders with family in Kashmir - Aug 29, 2010
- 'Cop killer' guerrilla gunned down in Kashmir - Sep 04, 2009
- Zardari condemns attack on Pakistan-administered Kashmir judge - Oct 26, 2011
- Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: bhat, counter insurgency, guerrilla, hand grenade, hizbul mujahideen, infiltration, kashmir, kashmir valley, loc, mohammad yousuf, muzaffarabad pakistan, north kashmir, police officer, possession, rashtriya rifles, regard, revolver, security forces, south kashmir, srinagar