Guatemala plane crash kills 10August 25th, 2008 - 4:58 am ICT by IANS
Guatemala City, Aug 25 (IANS) At least 10 people were killed Sunday when the small plane in which they were travelling crashed in the eastern Guatemalan province of Zacapa, Spain’s EFE news agency reported.The aircraft, with 14 people onboard, crashed on a hill. Four survivors have been rescued, Carlos Salazar of the fire department, said.
The plane was on its way from the La Aurora International Airport in Guatemala City to El Estor municipality in the neighbouring Izabal province.
Among the dead include five US and five Guatemalan citizens, of whom two were pilots.
The injured were airlifted to a hospital.
According to a preliminary report, the plane crashed after one of its engines stopped working and burst into flames.
No further details were immediately available.
- Eight die in Guatemala helicopter crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Four die in Guatemala plane crash - May 27, 2010
- Tropical storm Agatha kills 40 in Guatemala (Lead) - May 31, 2010
- 14 dead in Guatemala accident - Jan 09, 2011
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Six dead in Guatemala plane crash - May 15, 2009
- 23 die in Guatemala violence - Jul 12, 2010
- Guatemala to spend $203 mn fighting hunger - Jan 27, 2010
- Pakistani plane with 127 on board crashes, no survivors (Third Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Prison warden slain in Guatemala - Jul 20, 2012
- Five dead in Guatemala landslide - Jul 23, 2010
- Thieves target reporters covering Guatemalan president - Mar 17, 2012
- Five die in Los Angeles-area plane crash - Mar 17, 2011
- Five soldiers die in Mexico plane crash - Nov 25, 2010
- Green Battalion to protect Guatemala's national park - Nov 07, 2010