Guards foil attempt to loot ATM in Gujarat townJune 2nd, 2009 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, June 2 (IANS) Two private security guards Tuesday foiled an attempt by three men to snatch away two bags of currency notes from bank officials outside an ATM in Gandhidham town of Kutch district, police said.
The robbers had positioned themselves near the ATM at the IFFCO gate early in the morning to wait for the bank officials to arrive for putting cash in the machine, a police official said on telephone from Gandhidham, 300 km from Ahmedabad.
The officials were taken by surprise when the three robbers tried to snatch the bags from them while also firing at the guards. One of the security guards who narrowly escaped being shot returned fire and seriously injured one of the robbers.
The injured robber was in hospital where his condition was described as serious.
The other two robbers fled the scene on a motorcycle but were soon caught by a police patrol van. Further investigations were on, the police official said.
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- Robbers uproot ATM - Dec 24, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Tata Motors recovery agent shot, robbed - Oct 27, 2010
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van - Mar 31, 2012
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Two bank robbers killed in Jharkhand gun battle - Feb 10, 2011
- Rs.59 lakh looted from bank van in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 12, 2011
- Guard shoots men trying to steal gun - Jan 19, 2012
- Rs.1 lakh snatched from 75-year-old - Jun 17, 2011
- Rs.3 lakh snatched from woman in Ghaziabad - Jun 08, 2012
- ATM catches fire, Rs.3 lakh burnt - Jul 30, 2010