Guard murdered by construction company officialNovember 9th, 2010 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Rohtak (Haryana), Nov 9 (IANS) A security guard of a private construction company was beaten to death by a senior official of the company at a project site in Sector-6 here, police said Tuesday.
According to police, the victim was identified as Arvind, a resident of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
“We have registered a case of murder against project general manager of Ahluwalia construction company V.K. Tyagi and time-keeper Sarin Ahmad,” said Hari Singh, investigation officer of the case.
The accused held Arvind and two other security guards, Paramveer and Guddu, hostage Monday night and beat them up, he said.
Paramveer and Guddu were admitted to hospital with serious injuries, he said.
Tyagi suspected the involvement of Arvind and the other two security guards in a theft of Rs.545,000 at the construction site Nov 4, he said.
He had also registered a police complaint against Arvind, who was interrogated but released Monday evening, police said.
- Bag containing over Rs.5 lakh stolen from bank - Dec 06, 2010
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Five killed in Pakistan clash - Jun 22, 2012
- Construction firm employee found killed in Lucknow - May 14, 2012
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
- Chhattisgarh villagers, police clash over power project - Jan 07, 2012
- Fake job racket, headed by Delhi Police constable, busted - Apr 30, 2012
- 13 Delhi cops discharged in staged shootout case - May 24, 2012
- 20 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Four girls flee from Delhi observation home - Oct 03, 2011
- JLo's ex Ojani Noa to start reality show 'I Owe J.Lo' - Apr 30, 2010
- Engineering student killed for having affair - Nov 24, 2011
- General Motors launches Beat's diesel version - Jul 25, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.797 crore order - Aug 25, 2011
- Salman Khan booked for assaulting activist - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: ahmad, arvind, construction company, construction site, guddu, hari singh, haryana, hostage, kanpur, monday night, police complaint, private construction, sarin, security guard, security guards, time keeper, tyagi