Guard at Bansal’s house shoots himself accidentallyAugust 23rd, 2011 - 8:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) A security guard deployed at Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal’s official residence here shot himself accidentally Tuesday, police said.
Constable Don Kuper of the Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB) was taking a stroll at a park outside Bansal’s house in New Delhi area around 6 a.m. when the incident occurred.
“Suddenly, people there heard a gun shot and saw Kuper falling to the ground, with his INSAS service rifle,” said a senior police officer.
A police team reached the spot. “We went to the spot and rushed him to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where he is under treatment,” said the officer. Kuper received a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
Police ruled out the shooting as attempt to commit suicide and said that Kuper’s assault rifle accidentally got discharged while he was carrying it.
- Security guard at Bansal's house commits suicide - Oct 17, 2010
- Three cops suspended for vandalism in Chandigarh - Jun 23, 2011
- CRPF woman constable shoots herself dead (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Accidentally fired bullet injures Delhi Police constable - Mar 18, 2012
- Naga paratrooper kills officer, West Bengal policeman - Dec 02, 2010
- Firing at BJP office in Delhi - Apr 04, 2011
- BSF trooper shot dead by senior in Kashmir - Dec 30, 2011
- Gunman opens fire at Thai Navy base, killing 2 - Sep 14, 2011
- Gurgaon hooliganism due to lack of cops: Residents - Jan 02, 2012
- CRPF trooper opens fire in BJP office in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011
- Six security personnel killed in Manipur mudslide - Jul 06, 2011
- CRPF woman constable kills herself - May 13, 2012
- Seven special police men suspended in West Bengal - Oct 14, 2011
- Joshi, Bansal exchange barbs - Aug 24, 2011
- Indian shot dead in US - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: abdomen, affairs minister, assault rifle, bansal, constable, delhi area, gun shot, gunshot, irb, kuper, New Delhi, parliamentary affairs, pawan kumar, police officer, police team, reserve battalion, security guard, service rifle, suicide