GRSE launches two patrol vessels for Coast GuardAugust 6th, 2012 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 6 (IANS) Public sector defence shipyard Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd Monday launched two additional water-jet propelled Inshore Patrol Vessels (IPVs), meant for the Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
These two powerful ships, well-suited for patrolling and rescue operation, were launched at GRSE’s newly acquired and refurbished Rajabagan dockyard here by Jayasree Muralidharan, wife of Coast Guard Director General, Vice Admiral M.P. Muralidharan.
The vessels - Rajdoot and Rajveer - are the sixth and seventh in the series of the total eight IPVs built by GRSE. Following fitment and sea trials, the vessels will be handed over to the Coast Guard fleet.
“These two ships will certainly add, once they are completed and commissioned, to the capabilities of the Indian Coast Guard,” said Vice Admiral Muralidharan after the launch.
- ICGS Rajtarang commissioned in Chennai - May 19, 2012
- Coastal security radar stations to be ready this year - Feb 15, 2012
- Coast Guard inducts inshore patrol ship - Aug 29, 2012
- Coast Guard commissions pollution control vessel - Oct 09, 2010
- Defence PSUs need to increase efficiency: Minister - Oct 25, 2011
- Coast Guard opens third station in Maharashtra - Mar 22, 2012
- Coast guard to triple fleet size by 2020 - Jan 31, 2011
- Third coast guard station in Andhra Pradesh opened - Jun 18, 2012
- Goa shipyard to work out deal with Coast Guard: Official - Aug 30, 2010
- Defence shipyard eyeing markets in Middle East, Africa - Aug 24, 2011
- Offshore patrol vessel joins Indian Coast Guard's Eastern Command fleet - May 20, 2010
- Another piracy attempt foiled, 16 pirates held - Mar 27, 2011
- Coast Guard vessel sinks after collision with ship (Second Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Fleet tanker INS Deepak joins Navy's Western Fleet - Jan 21, 2011
- Defence Secretary commissions Coast Guard ship C-147 in Goa - May 28, 2010
Tags: capabilities, coast guard, director general, fitment, fleet, garden reach, grse, ipvs, kolkata, launch, patrol vessels, patrolling, public sector, rajdoot, sea trials, shipbuilders, shipyard, two ships, vice admiral, water jet