Group of ministers to look into 3G spectrum auctionMarch 5th, 2009 - 5:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) The government Thursday announced that a 10-member group of ministers (GoM), led by External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee, will look into the auctions of the third generation (3G) spectrum.
The GoM will also take a decision on the number of players to be allowed to offer the 3G services in each telecom circle.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony, Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Telecom Minister A. Raja, Railways Minister Lalu Prasad, Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister Ram Vilas Paswan, Law and Justice Minister H.R. Bhardwaj, Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma and Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia are the other members of the GoM.
Last month, Communications Minister Raja had said spectrum auction would be held before March 31. “There are still chances of completing the entire auction process before the end of this fiscal,” he had said.
Regarding the vacation of defence spectrum, Raja said: “We will sign a memorandum of understanding with the defence ministry. The ministry will release 10 to 15 mega hertz of spectrum the day the agreement is signed.”
- Mukherjee to head ministerial panel on 3G spectrum (Lead) - Mar 05, 2009
- Information ministry to vacate 700 MHz spectrum: Sibal - Mar 05, 2012
- Ahluwalia defends Manmohan Singh's role in 2G case - Aug 07, 2011
- 3G spectrum auction unlikely before elections - Mar 18, 2009
- Permission sought for fresh charges against 2G accused - Sep 26, 2011
- EGoM to take final call on pricing and refarming of spectrum - May 26, 2012
- Hazare rejects Pawar's offer to quit from Lokpal Bill GoM - Apr 06, 2011
- Rajya Sabha passes motion for forming JPC (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Pawar gives into Hazare's demand, quits GoM on corruption - Apr 06, 2011
- Ministers favour fast-tracking cases of corrupt officials - Feb 15, 2011
- Team Anna attacks Manmohan, Chidambaram and Pranab (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- DMK guarded as Jayalalithaa calls for Chidambaram's ouster - Sep 22, 2011
- EGoM to recommend spectrum price, but cabinet to take call - Jul 20, 2012
- GoM accepts Chawla panel report on natural resources - Oct 15, 2011
- Telecom EGoM to recommend lower reserve price to cabinet for approval (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: 3g services, agriculture minister, bhardwaj, defence ministry, deputy chairman, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, fertilisers, home minister, justice minister, lalu prasad, law and justice, memorandum of understanding, montek singh ahluwalia, p chidambaram, pranab mukherjee, ram vilas paswan, sharad pawar, spectrum auction, telecom circle