Groom-to-be stabbed in DelhiFebruary 24th, 2009 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) A 22-year-old Delhi man who was to be married Saturday was critically injured after five assailants stabbed him several times when he was distributing his wedding cards Saturday, the police said.
The victim’s family suspects a neighbour’s hand in the attack.
Sunil Kumar, of southwest Delhi, was stabbed 18 times by five assailants, said a police officer.
“Kumar was to get married Feb 28 and was returning home after distributing his wedding cards when the assailants forcibly stopped him. They attacked him with some sharp weapons,” the police officer said.
Kumar was rushed to a hospital.
Kumar’s family members alleged their neighbour Satish was behind the attack.
“Satish had some argument with Sunil (Kumar), after which a personal enmity developed between them. We are sure that Satish and his friends are behind the incident,” said Kumar’s uncle, Surajbhan.
- Delhi legislator shot, critical (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Delhi legislator shot, stable (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Man stabbed to death in east Delhi - Mar 26, 2011
- Government doctor murdered, two detained - Feb 22, 2011
- Four of family killed in town near Ghaziabad - Jan 07, 2012
- Elderly woman stabbed to death in Delhi - Aug 08, 2010
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 17, 2009
- Man killed in attempted robbery - Feb 24, 2011
- Property dealer shot dead in Ghaziabad - Dec 24, 2011
- Woman lawyer stabbed in Mathura collectorate - May 28, 2011
- 25-year-old man shot dead in Vasant Vihar - May 09, 2011
- Delhi girl stabbed to death by lover - Apr 15, 2010
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Man stabs his sister on suspicion of witchcraft - Oct 01, 2011