Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in KashmirFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 3:02 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Feb 2 (IANS) Separatist militants hurled two hand grenades at the house of a senior Congress leader and a paramilitary patrol team in north Kashmir’s Sopore town Tuesday morning, police said. No one was injured in the explosions.A senior police officer said the guerrillas hurled a grenade which exploded near the house of a senior Congress leader Ghulam Rasool Kar, smashing some window panes of the house.
However, no one was injured in the explosion.
Guerrillas also tried to target a Central Reserve Police Force patrol near the main bus stand by hurling a grenade which, however, missed the target.
“No one was injured in the two grenade blasts,” the police officer said.
Guerrillas had late Monday night gunned down two sisters in the Muslim Peer locality of the town, where security arrangements have been beefed up.
Sopore is 54 km from here in Baramulla district.
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- Seven wounded in Kashmir blast - Dec 25, 2009
- Four injured in Kashmir attack (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Two killed, two injured in Kashmir explosion - Aug 25, 2011
- Two injured in separate attacks in Sopore - Feb 10, 2011
- Five CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir attack - Jun 17, 2012
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Two girls injured in militant attack in Kashmir - Feb 16, 2011
- Engineer injured in Srinagar blast dies - Mar 01, 2011
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Nine policemen wounded in Kashmir explosion - Jul 06, 2011
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Gun battle in Kashmir town after grenade attack - Jan 15, 2010
- Two dead in Kashmir terror strike (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2010