Graveyard vandalised in Goa village; skulls foundJune 15th, 2012 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, June 15 (IANS) In a bizarre incident, a graveyard in the island village of Divar, 10 km from here, was vandalised and nine skulls dug out from the graves were found neatly arranged outside some buildings, police said Friday.
The offence has been registered at the Old Goa police station, whose officials said the incident occurred Thursday night.
The skulls were found arranged outside a private residence, a post office and a park Friday morning.
“Caetano Silveira of Divar complained in the morning that he found six skulls outside his house. When we checked the area we found two more skulls near the post office and one in a park near the church,” a police official said.
The official said further investigation showed that the graveyard adjoining the church had been vandalised and nine graves desecrated.
“We have registered an offence against unidentified persons for deliberately and maliciously trying to outrage religious feeling,” the official said.
- Robbers vandalise graves in Goa - Jul 02, 2010
- Over 100 tombstones vandalised in Goa - Mar 12, 2012
- More than 100 tombstones damaged in Goa, probe ordered - Mar 12, 2012
- Goa priest bans burying dead with gold, trinkets - Jul 17, 2010
- Goa temples form alliance to tackle thefts, desecrations - Jan 06, 2011
- Prime accused in Mayawati statue vandalism held (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Church near Mysore vandalized - Jan 25, 2010
- Two killed in post-poll violence across Maharashtra - Feb 20, 2012
- Desecration of holy sites intolerable: Netanyahu - Oct 09, 2011
- Clashes over desecration of Ambedkar statues - Jan 23, 2012
- Encroachers clash with police in Noida (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Three held for desecration of Ambedkar statues in Andhra (Lead, With corrections in paras 10, 11) - Jan 28, 2012
- Odisha intensifies probe into jumbo killings - May 08, 2012
- Angry mob torches church in Punjab after rumours of Quran burning in U.S. - Sep 13, 2010
- Italian TV host Mike Bongiorno's body stolen - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: bizarre incident, friday morning, goa police, graveyard, offence, police official, police station, post office, private residence, silveira, skulls, thursday night, unidentified persons, vandalised