Graft case against four ITBP officialsMay 13th, 2011 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday registered a case against four Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel including a deputy inspector general (DIG) for allegedly accepting bribes from candidates aspiring to join the force as constables.
The accused DIG Satpal was the chairman of the selection committee in Dehradun but is now posted in New Delhi. Two of the other accused - Deputy Commandant N.R. Shimrey and Assistant Commandant Somnath - are posted in Bareilly while head constable Virender Kumar is posted in Dehradun, a CBI official said.
“It was alleged that they being the members of a selection committee to select 84 constables and head constables through departmental selection process had obtained illegal gratification from the candidates for favouring them in the selection process,” the official said.
According to the CBI official, searches were conducted at the official and residential premises of the accused in New Delhi, Dehradun, Bareilly and Chandigarh and several incriminating documents were recovered.
- ITBP aspirants go on rampage - Feb 01, 2011
- ITBP aspirants go on rampage, torch buses, damage shops (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Cases lodged against ITBP, rail rooftop riders - Feb 04, 2011
- 80,000 recruitments for para-military forces soon - Feb 01, 2011
- Police forced us to sit on train roof, allege survivors - Feb 02, 2011
- Defence academy chief shifted over recruitment scam (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- 111 personnel get president's police medal - Jan 25, 2012
- 76 CBI officers facing trial, inquiries - Aug 04, 2011
- No women as officers of border forces, says government - Jun 01, 2010
- Handicrafts from border areas a hit at exhibition - Nov 27, 2011
- School principal arrested for bribery - Feb 16, 2012
- ITBP's first chief Bisweswar Chatterjee dead - Oct 10, 2010
- We want enquiry, say survivors of train tragedy - Feb 03, 2011
- 704 policemen awarded Police Medals - Jan 25, 2010
- Over 30,000 personnel to join ITBP - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: assistant commandant, bareilly, border police, bribes, cbi, central bureau of investigation, constables, dehradun, departmental selection, deputy commandant, deputy inspector general, graft case, head constable, itbp, residential premises, satpal, selection committee, somnath, tibetan border, virender