Governor brokered Samajwadi-Congress alliance, claims AmarFebruary 10th, 2009 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh Tuesday made a startling claim when he said Uttar Pradesh Governor T.V. Rajeswar had brokered the alliance between his party and the Congress ahead of the July 2008 trust vote.
“The invite to meet (Congress president) Sonia Gandhi (to negotiate the alliance) was given by the governor,” Singh told the Times Now television channel.
“(The) Governor came to me as the emissary of Sonia Gandhi and he ensured that the Congress got support for the (India-US nuclear) deal.”
Earlier in the day, the Samajwadi Party leader alleged that Rajeswar was working as the “stooge of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati”.
- From stars to Tihar, Amar Singh's fall from grace - Sep 06, 2011
- Alliance with Congress not possible, says Akhilesh - Feb 29, 2012
- Congress should tie up with BSP: Beni Prasad Verma - Mar 04, 2012
- Mayawati, Mulayam attend Sonia's lunch - Aug 06, 2012
- After Mamata blow, UPA turns to 'Netaji' and 'Behenji' - Sep 19, 2012
- Amar questioned, denies role in 2008 'horse trading' - Jul 22, 2011
- Verma seeks post-poll ties with BSP, Congress terms it personal view (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Taj Corridor case (To go with: Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated) - Jul 06, 2012
- Amar Singh to be questioned Friday over 2008 'horse trading' - Jul 21, 2011
- Rahul spares none -- Mayawati, Mulayam, BJP - Feb 23, 2012
- Amar sings praises of Mayawati, Sonia, fuels war with SP (Lead) - Jan 30, 2010
- Amar Singh warming up to BSP, Congress? - Jan 30, 2010
- With Lucknow in mind, Ajit Singh gets civil aviation (Roundup) - Dec 18, 2011
- Digvijay creating hurdles in alliance: Mulayam - Jan 13, 2009
- Amar Singh to be questioned on cash-for-votes - Jul 20, 2011