Governor blames political instability for poor development in JharkhandJanuary 26th, 2009 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 26 (IANS) Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi Monday expressed unhappiness over Jharkhand’s poor development during the last eight years since it was carved out of Bihar, and blamed political instability for it.In the state that is now under president’s rule, the governor was speaking after taking the salute at the Republic Day parade at Morabadi Grounds here.
Addressing the onlookers, Razi said: “If we honestly assess the situation of the state we find development has not taken place as it should have been. Jharkhand is far behind the national average in different fields like developing basic infrastructure, rural electrification, connecting villages to districts, developing irrigation facilities and other things.
“Political instability is one of the main reasons for creating hindrance in development of the state. In the last eight years, Jharkhand has witnessed six governments. The political instability impacts taking decisions and implementing them,” he said.
“Under president’s rule, my aim is to provide fair and sensitive governance in the state and ensure development of the state. Till December 2008 less than 50 percent of the fund meant for development has been spent.”
Razi assured people he would spend funds for development and provide transparent governance in the state.
“My governance will try to improve law and order scenario of the state, bringing down the criminal and Maoist incidents,” he said.
“The left wing extremism is a challenge in the state and multi-pronged strategies have been adopted to meet the challenges.”
- Corruption, instability mark 10 years of Jharkhand - Nov 12, 2010
- Shun violence, Jharkhand governor tells Maoists - Jan 26, 2012
- BJP demands probe in Razi's role during central rule in Jharkhand - Jul 20, 2009
- Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Jharkhand governor - Jul 26, 2009
- Union Cabinet decides to extend President's rule in Jharkhand - Jul 02, 2009
- India reports 29 polio cases this year - Aug 20, 2010
- Munda focuses on governance, power on R-Day - Jan 26, 2011
- Jharkhand turns 10: BJP, Congress blame each other for woes - Nov 14, 2010
- Online rumours on Assam riots terror handiwork: Shinde (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Jharkhand to introduce right to service act - Aug 15, 2011
- Fourth in India, Tripura Police gets president's honour - Jan 11, 2012
- India salutes heroes on Republic Day (States Roundup) - Jan 26, 2009
- Zero tolerance for terror, preventive action against graft: President - Oct 29, 2011
- Soren rules Jharkhand again, vows to fight corruption (Second Lead) - Dec 30, 2009
- Court petition against former Jharkhand governor - Dec 17, 2009