Government vehicles’ auction put on holdMarch 3rd, 2011 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 3 (IANS) Auction of vehicles belonging to two Orissa officials who failed to clear a contractor’s bill was put on hold after a court was told the dues will be settled in a week.
The court ordered the auction of the vehicles of Bhadrak district collector K.C. Patra and block development officer H.K. Khamari in December last year.
Lawyer Rajkishor Das said Thursday that contractor Sushant Mohapatra put up a road in Bhadrak after winning a tender but his due of about Rs.54,000 was not cleared despite repeated appeals.
A civil judge in Bhadrak, 142 km from Bhubaneswar, ordered the local authorities to clear the dues by February 2008. When the officials failed to respond, their vehicles were ordered to be auctioned.
- Oil leak in Haldia-Paradip pipeline in Orissa - Nov 17, 2009
- Three die in Orissa accident - Nov 02, 2010
- Angry over case delays, man damages judge's car - Nov 17, 2011
- Court refuses to vacate stay on Odisha ports - May 14, 2012
- Orissa airdrops food as floods get worse - Sep 24, 2011
- Polish shoes at temple, court orders teen for harassing girl - Sep 20, 2011
- Man gets life for killing woman lawyer - Apr 29, 2010
- Himachal BJP MP alleges threat to life (Lead) - Jul 10, 2011
- Himachal BJP MP fears threat to life - Jul 10, 2011
- Odisha court orders boy to clean hospital area for theft - Apr 28, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik to expand ministry - Aug 02, 2012
- Tatra deal: BEML to sue ex-army chief for defamation (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Orissa collector could be free by evening (Lead) - Feb 24, 2011
- Orissa hostage crisis: Mediators flown to Malkangiri (Lead) - Feb 24, 2011
- Apex court pulls up three states on vehicle number plates - Aug 31, 2011